Friday, April 15, 2011

It's That Time Again

For the last two springs I have posted about what I love about Dakin at the moment. Since spring has certainly sprung around here, it's time for me to get to it!!

I love that he can recite the first two (long) pages of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. I have to record it and put it on here...too cute.
I love that he loves to go 'camping'-- where we take him in his room and he plays with the toys stored under his bed. He LOVES this.
I love that he likes to stick his finger in my ear while I yell "Ew! Ew! No fingers in the ear!!". He thinks that's hilarious.
I love that he loves his little matchbox cars.
I love that he loves his two little boats and playing in the water with them.
I love that he knows his way all around his iPad.
I love that he will try to sneak watching videos on it until I figure out what he's doing. I then ask him if he is supposed to be watching them and he smiles and says, "no," and turns it off.
I love that he loves to help me clean.
I love how confident he is becoming...not getting as scared in unfamiliar situations. He didn't freak out as much at his doctor appointments this last week and only complained a little bit getting his hair cut today.
I love how sweet and silly he is.
I love that he loves to play and make people laugh.
I love that he knows all the words to his Imagination Movers songs.
I love that the makes connections between things so quickly...he sees patterns quickly and tells me about them. He will tell me how things are like or different from each other.
I love that he loves to eat out.
I love that he loves to drop off our recycling. We pull into the parking lot and he starts saying "Recycle! Recycle!"
I love how closely he pays attention to things and tells me about them.
I love how he tells me " All done leeping!" when he wakes up from his nap, and before it when he doesn't want to sleep.
I love that he has attitude and if he doesn't like something he will tell you.
I love how he says "I don't like that" when I get out a certain toy...it's one of those ones where you put your hand in and it leaves an impression of it in the plastic needle-like things...I don't know what they are called, but he hates it. I keep hoping he will like it, but to no avail...
I love that he likes being in his back brace. I really think it is making a difference.
I love how he loves his Easter books...I Need an Easter Egg and Max and the Chocolate Chicken.


Ok. That is good for now. I love my sweet boy!!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

This post made me smile! You have such a sweet, sweet boy!

Sky said...

oh he is a doll I love him too and !!!!!his cute little ways! awesome post (:

Jodie said...

What an amazing little boy he is!

Anonymous said...

Good post. LOved the part about he back brace. DO they really help or are they just there to annoy us? :) Happy spring.