Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Well, this would have been posted earlier, but nurseless-ness has apparently somehow rendered me incapable of blogging. Also I was lazy yesterday, and I couldn't get the darn photos to upload.

Excuses finally aside, here it is! Dakin, not being a candy eater, got removable tattoos in his eggs, which were shaped like sea animals. He didn't care too much about the tattoos (though he LOVED them the last time he had any...blurgh), but he did get pretty excited about his new markers!
Look at this vertical left-arm movement!!

Egg-dyeing. We did it homemade this year, and while the purple didn't turn out looking anything like purple, the yellow and green were great!Cheesing with dada.
It was a good Easter. We got to enjoy being at home and together. Easter isn't, to me, a big 'celebration' type holiday, like Christmas is, you know? But I am immensely grateful for what Easter signifies: the empty tomb on that morning proclaiming that this life is not the last. That knowledge has come to mean so much more to me in the last two years than it ever did before, and I am so grateful.
I have had this little Primary song swimming around in my head and I thought I'd share. It's by Mabel Jones Gabbott and Royce Campbell Twitchell.
Did Jesus Really Live Again?


Did Jesus really live again?
Yes, when the third day came,
He wakened and he left the tomb;
He called Mary’s name.
Did Jesus come to those he loved?
Yes, people touched his feet,
And of the fish and honeycomb
He did truly eat.
And there were nail-prints in his hands
And a spear wound in his side.
Did Jesus really live again
After he had died?
Oh yes! And so shall I!

So grateful.

5 comments:

April said...

Loved this post- thank you!

Sapna said...

Hi Devon!
Devon, I spoke to our ISD about PPCD and Maya can start next January. She turns 3 in Dec, so Jan would be our date. I am looking forward to Maya going to school and having therapists and equipment already there for her. How neat that the ISD will provide these items! By kindergarten, hopefully she will be fully intergrated to the way "school" works and be confident in her power chair (which we don't have yet). It is just training for the real deal. Let me know how your meeting goes.

By the way, great Easter pics! I am jealous that you guys did the egg coloring. I had my kits out all weekend and never went to the store to buy eggs. Can we say lazy???

Jodie said...

Dakin looked like he had so much fun dying the eggs! Aren't kids so how to understand sometimes?? One day like Cars and the next day they don't.

The Saved Quarter said...

Devon looks like he had a great Easter! My daughter (20 mo) saw his picture and is saying, "Baby! Tute! (cute!) Baby tute!" :)

Keri said...

I just love the photos. I'm sitting here almost in disbelief. Dakin is SO big!!! Handsome as ever too!

And yes, the true meaning of Easter.... AMEN!