Friday, November 27, 2009

Grateful

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

We just stayed home and our night nurse joined us for dinner. It was so nice to just relax and enjoy one another's company.

This year, I am so thankful that Dakin is still with us: breathing, eating and in general thriving--as much as a child with a neuromuscular disease can. I am thankful for his stubborness in the face of his disease. I am thankful that he has miraculously regained the use of his right arm, and is getting better at lifting his left one while sitting. I am thankful he has a group of nurses who not only take amazing care of him, they LOVE him. They are like family to us. I am also thankful for a medical team who is beyond compare.

We asked Dakin what he was thankful for. I scrolled through a list of things that he shook his head 'no' to until we got to his stroller. That's what he's thankful for this year...ah well.

4 comments:

Christie Y Brown said...

I am thankful for being blessed to have known your family! There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about the three of you and say a happy prayer.

And Dakin, I think the stroller is a good thing to be thankful for, more so when this yucky flu season is past us!

Hugs and sloppy kisses from Miss Christie, and friends, Ana and Zackary!

Kristy said...

Gabby was thankful for bread. I think Dakin's answer was more genuine. :) I'm glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

Tara Bennett said...

I am thankful for you and Dakin. You are an amazing example to me, and I appreciate your perspective and optimism. I'm also thankful that Dakin is getting the best care possible. He deserves every possible chance to thrive and enjoy life! Glad you had a good holiday :)

Amanda said...

The world through a kids eyes...lol. Strollers are wonderful things though, they help us get around!