Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quandary #2

Good news and bad news. Good news first: OK, so the neurologist said we can push back the cardiology appointment. YAY. So that's the good news.

Bad news: we are not going to be able to get Dakin's flu shot at his pediatrician's office. I was hoping they'd come to the car and stick him, but evidently they're worried he'll die or something. Fair enough, but I refuse to metaphorically choose between getting hit by a semi or a cement truck, soooooooooo...we're going to Dallas to get it done. At Baylor. My continual savior and source of help. Baylor, I hated you for the 7 weeks I spent sleeping in your cold rooms, but I love you now.

Which throws a wrench in RSV shots as well. We were going to get the shots through the pediatrician, but I'd rather get a fork to the eye than chance that. I am thinking I can get them through the pulmonologist (A TWO AND A HALF HOUR DRIVE), so I'm going to try that.

I'm pretty annoyed right now.

6 comments:

Junior said...

oh wow, what a pain, glad you got the flu shot portion figured out. Junior had his when he was in the hospital for his port placement.

Foster mama K said...

Can the ped not order it and have the order written for a home nurse to come and administer the shot?

Sky said...

wow such extreams, I hope everything goes well. Have you shopped around for a ped who will work with you and Dakin? I know i changed after we found out Sky had SMA. You shouldnt have to fight or worrie or drive like that. Sending you prayers of safe passage!!!!

April said...

We understand the love/hate relationship with hospitals! Good luck getting the shots you need!!! LOVE YOU!

Mandy said...

Good Luck to you both!! There has got to be a better way or at least easier way!! I thought your home nurse could do that??? Hope all goes well!! Sending love!!

Dana said...

We hate the hospital when She's inpatient as well. Then when we are out we love it. Good luck with the shots. Definatley do the RSV shots.